I have been enjoying experimenting with my teabag quilts. However, I fancied doing something a bit different. I made a collaborative quilt with Fran Halperin – she added text and pattern to my design and then I stitched a circle over it in white. I was really pleased with how it worked out.
I decided to have a go at using a quilt as the base for an art journal page. I do these usually on paper and build up lots of layers using mandalas/ printing and adding text.
On holiday in France a made a tea bag quilt that wasn’t doing anything for me, so I used that as a base
And I made a simple 3×3 teabag base.
I am afraid I forgot to take a few photos – blame it on the fact that I was away for two weeks and got over excited on the making front
I started by making a background using pen and paint stencilled through a couple of mandala stencils. I glued the lettering in place with Matt medium. Then added my white back stitched circles
I didn’t like the text it seemed too simple – so I added more – just stitching on top this time. I added a pale orange set of circles in between the white and drew on top of it with pen and gelatoes.
This morning when I got up it seemed too simple . So I attached the lettering
I attacked the other quilt which went through a similar process too
Details of the quilts – I chose the text flipping though a Psychologies magazine with soft eyes and picking out words that jumped out at me