I have had a sewing box for ever. This is the first time I can remember running out of white thread.
I had a go at embroidering a mandala with the same thread that I used for my most recent quilt ( see my last post). I sewed using cheap white thread that I had had for years. I was disappointed with the results. So I overworked the stitches and added some thicker cotton/ wool
I saw some multicoloured thread on a friend’s Instagram feed and thought it would be fun on teabags. I went on a shopping trip and found some fab colour ways made by Guttermann.
I also bought a heavy duty white thread and a large multi use 100% polyester white. The multicoloured reals are 100% cotton.
I love the results
I think the orange will be great as the cotton to sew the tea bags on to my substrate. The darker/ rainbow mix shows up the best. However I like combination of the three colours.
The stronger thread shows up against the tea bags very well
I decided to make my – mandala into a sample piece. I added the paper fabric as an edging
I am getting better at making my work more regular (😂😂😂)